Welcome to The Big Read Greater Wilmington! Brought to you by Cape Fear Museum.
The Big Read is a national program designed to revitalize the role of literature in American culture and to encourage reading for pleasure and enlightenment. The Big Read Greater Wilmington has developed community-wide reading programs that include innovative, diverse activities such as book discussions, art exhibits, lectures, film screenings, theatrical performances, music, and dance related to The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien. Our goal is to encourage reading and participation by diverse audiences and lapsed or reluctant readers.
Cape Fear Museum’s Big Read community partners are:
- The Arts Council of Wilmington and New Hanover County
- Battleship NORTH CAROLINA
- Cameron Art Museum
- Cape Fear Community College
- New Hanover County Schools
- New Hanover County Library
- Thalian Association/Hannah Block Historic USO Community Arts Center
- University of North Carolina Wilmington
- WHQR Public Radio 91.3FM
- World War II Wilmington Home Front Heritage Coalition